Monday, February 25, 2008

Book Recommendation


If you're like me, putting makeup on is about the lowest thing on your priority list every day. But I came across this book (thanks to my sis) called The 5 Minute Face by Carmindy. She's the beautiful girl who does makeup for the show "What Not To Wear" on TLC.

This book is great if you are a low-maintenance girl who needs a little help in the makeup department. She has loads of helpful tips and explains how to best wear makeup step-by-step. She encourages women show show off their best features and not to cover your face with thick, fake makeup. Sounds great, right?

Here are some of her tips on saving money in the makeup department...

1. If you have a drawer full of half-used lipsticks, don't throw them away and buy more. Take a pillbox and dig out the lipstick colors and put them in each square. You'll have a great carrying case and palette to create new colors like the pros do.

2. You can use a great lipstick color as a cream blush. Choose lighter shades and blend on after foundation but before powder.

3. No need to buy one shimmer highlighter shadow for the eyes and another for the face. A single shade serves both purposes.

4. When your mascara is dry and not applying well, run it under hot water for 5 minutes. Good as new.

5. Brow gel is a waste of money. Use regular hair gel on a brow brush or old toothbrush for the exact same effect.

6. For a whiter smile, brush teeth with a bit of baking soda.

7. Instead of expensive facial scrubs, use a small handful of regular white sugar. Just lather up your face with a cleanser, then scrub in the sugar using your finger tips in small circular motions.

8. Q-tips work just as well as brushes. However, for really good, inexpensive brushes, visit your local art supply store.

9. Vaseline is one of the best eye makeup removers ever.

10. When your favorite shadows or blushes break, don't throw them away. Put the remains in empty film canisters and use them like loose powders.

(taken from www.carmindy.com)
Check it out!

3 comments:

  1. I love watching What Not To Wear. It's such a fun show.

    I like the tip of using sugar as a facial srub! I would have never thought. I'm going to give it a try. Being in my 30's my skin needs something extra.

    VJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not putting the makeup on that I mind so much...it's having to wash it off at night that gets annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also don't spend more than 5 minutes on my face and skincare! That is why I love Mary Kay! Thanks for the tips - especially the one about lipsticks! For more great tips, visit my website at www.marykay.com/jjones2004

    ;-) I couldn't resist! After all - it is the best selling brand in the US for the past 15 years!!
    Thanks Aimee!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for your comments! ~Aimee

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...