Saturday, March 15, 2008

Typical Guy

We've had this super-tall tree in our back yard that was dying and hubs has been wanting to get rid of it for a while. So, he decided that today was the day.

And, of course, he thought it was completely unnecessary to hire a professional to do the job. So, I watched, holding my breath and praying that he wouldn't fall. Or cut off his leg with the chain saw. Or something like that.

Can you spot him high in the tree? Now you can understand why I was a little bit concerned.

No, he's not a professional lumberjack. Just a guy who grew up on a farm and thinks he can handle jobs like this.

Almost done...

And...he did it! With the help of his dad and a neighbor. I think he impressed himself. And maybe me a little bit too. (That house is not ours; it's our neighbor's)
Now the backyard is completely covered in limbs and it will take quite a while to clean up. We are planning on covering most of the yard with top soil and re-seeding the grass, since it is very uneven and full of weeds.

I'll keep you updated on our progress!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, he is crazy and brave, I wouldn't have been able to watch, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I'll make sure my husband NEVER sees this. He doesnt need the encouragement. One time he tried to repair our DVD player on his own and nearly electrocuted himself. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for your comments! ~Aimee

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...