Friday, January 30, 2009

My Home Sweet Home

When we are driving at night, I love it when people have their curtains open in their homes with the lights on inside. That means I might be able to sneak a peak inside their house and see what it looks like! Is that wrong? I just love seeing how other people live!

Since I love peeking inside other people's homes, I thought I'd share some little favorite spots that I have around my own house.

So, take off your shoes and come inside!

This is the front entrance hallway where I have a little photo gallery hung on the wall. They are mostly photos we've taken from trips we've gone on...

This is the original built-in corner cabinet in the dining area of the kitchen. I love the old glass door knobs and the storage it gives me...
Here's a memo board that I made for our office. I love the combination of toile fabric and the painted white frame (it used to be an ugly brass picture frame)...

Here's a barn that a relative made for me out of old barn wood and slate...

I love this mug holder that I got at IKEA - the mugs were bought on sale at the Pottery Barn outlet and they've been used quite a bit this winter...

I have this old drawer that I made into a shelf hanging in my foyer. I have a thing for graphic plates and cups...

My fireplace mantel (I just haven't been able to part with the Christmas lights yet)...

The cozy yard sale chair that I adore...

Some things I have displayed on the built-in bookcase in the family room...

I just love scrumptious blankets and pillows! And I have loads of them!

My bed, restful and relaxing...

A pretty little plate that I found at Goodwill. It's setting on my dresser in my bedroom and I use it to hold my watch, perfume and misc. jewelry. By the way, my favorite perfume right now is Lauren by Ralph Lauren. Hubs bought it for me a few years ago, and I was shocked that I actually liked it! I'm usually really, really picky when it comes to fragrances, but this one is perfect!

Little Avery's bed - I like it better than my own, I think!

But I must say, as much as I love all those little "things" in my house, this handsome guy would have to be my favorite...
and let's not forget about these two messy-haired kiddos...Wherever they are is home to me!

And there you have it! Hope you enjoyed the little tour and please come again!

5 comments:

  1. I love peeking in people's windows...I am a stalker and proud of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to know I am not the only one who loves to look into homes at night when people have their lights on. I look to see what's on their walls and how they have rooms set up! haha

    Your home looks so beautiful and yet comfy too! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! You are too funny! (I think it's fun to see how others decorate/arrange things, too.) ;o)

    Jack and Avery look so cute in that picture! And I can tell he's already gaining weight like a champ! What cuties!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Aimee!

    Congratulations on your beautiful baby boy. I am so happy things went well, and he is a lovely addition to your sweet family!

    Your home looks beautiful, too!!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was my first visit to your page. It is beautiful. The pictures of your home and family are lovely.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for your comments! ~Aimee

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...