Friday, May 28, 2010

Featured & Some Nursery Questions Answers


Thank you so much to Layla at The Lettered Cottage and Rhoda at Southern Hospitality for featuring my nursery makeover on their blogs!

I am beyond flattered and excited that so many people love the space like I do!

I thought I'd answer some questions that a few readers had about the room...


Q. I love the beadboard ceiling too! Did you use beaboard sheets or individual bead boards? -Lisa

A. We used 4x8 sheets of beadboard for the ceiling.

Q. I have been wanting to paint a tree in my sons nursery for a while now and have been unsure of how to do it. Did you just free hand it with a pencil and then fill it in with paint? -Amy

A. I sketched the tree onto the wall with pencil, then painted it with acrylic craft paint. The other wording actually isn't vinyl wall lettering. I printed out the wording onto paper, then traced it onto the wall with carbon paper and painted it using the same type of acrylic craft paint. This is my favorite method for putting wording on the wall, because it's fairly easy and doesn't cost a cent! :)

Q. And I am so very impressed with your painting skills! I was going to ask if it was Uppercase Living. . . is the tree branch on the bench and the name from UL? -Melissa

A. The painting on the bench is something I just sketched out and painted myself. I did get the idea for the branch and bird from an Uppercase Living catalog though!

Q. I got a decal from Leen the graphics queen with a tree branch and birds and was thinking to myself if i could only find something that has those exact words--His eye is on the sparrow.....May i hire u to come paint them for me??: ) -Lena

A. Yes, I would love to come paint it for you! Seriously, if you're local and need help with some painting, just email me at maweaver1@gmail.com.


Q. Did you use tree branches for curtain rods or did you buy them. If so, please, please tell us where. Thanks! -Wabbit

A. The tree branches are literally from the tree in our front yard! I just picked out ones that were as straight as possible and cut them down to size. I probably should have sprayed them with a sealer because they tend to shed bark and dirt when I have to move the curtains, but so far I've been too lazy! :)
~ ~

Thanks again everyone for your sweet comments about the nursery! I'm blown away by the responses I've gotten about the tiny little room! You guys are the best and such an encouragement!


I hope you all have a wonderful holiday weekend! Ours will be spent at bbq's with friends, strawberry picking, yard sales, and picnics with family! Sounds like a fun time to me!

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I just found your blog this morning, quite by accident. I'm sitting at home, with a sick little boy who is currently engrossed in the TV, so I decided to mindlessly surf the Internet, and...somehow...I landed on your blog. I love it! I have spent the better part of twenty minutes here going through your old posts to look at your photos! Wow! I am ready to hire you as my interior decorator, Girl! And I really and truly got tears in my eyes when I saw your post on not finding your baby's heartbeat -- goodness! I was flooded with relief to see that it all turned out well for you. We had the same thing happen to us with our first pregnancy, and things didn't work out as well for us with that one as they did for you. We lost Baby #1, but God royally blessed us with Baby #2, who is now a fantastic 9-year-old boy, and we love him dearly. So yes, here I have gone and typed my life story for you, whether you wanted it or not! All this to just say, "I love your blog! I love your pictures! I love your crafty projects with repainting furniture!" Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw TLC last night and called you right away but you were at some church thing. Did you freak out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for answering my question about the lettering in such a detailed way. I look forward to trying it!

    :)Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm your newest follower! Congrats on the feature! Loved the nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi aimee! i just came over from lettered cottage! that is the sweetest baby nursury! you did a wonderful job! you are making me want another just so i can copy! hehe! i am becoming a follower! i cant wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute nursery! I love the bead board ceiling as well! You did a wonderful job. Especially with such a tight space! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nursery Wall DecalsMay 31, 2010 at 10:25 PM

    A very beautiful nursery room, how I wish I had this kind of nursery room for my kids.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for your comments! ~Aimee

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...