Monday, June 28, 2010

Eleven


Eleven years.

This weekend the hubs and I celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary. And I cannot believe it's been that long. Time flies, doesn't it?

We got married when I was 20 and he was 22. We spent the next 7 years figuring out how this marriage thing works (still working on that!), doing lots of traveling, living in a 2-bedroom townhouse, and mostly just growing up together.

Then, year 7, there were lots of changes.

We got pregnant, bought an old, fixer-upper house (still working on that too!), and had a beautiful little baby girl!

Fast forward 2-1/2 years later, we were still working on the house and our little guy Jack was born!

And now, with 2 kiddos and another one on the way, we are still figuring out this marriage thing (it gets better every year), still love each other more than we ever did, and having such a great time in the process!

We spent the weekend with the kids and my parents (I know - how unromantic, right? But it was perfection.) at my parents' beach house in Delaware.


We dug in the sand, played in the waves, swam in the pool, and just plain relaxed, which is pretty rare for us!


Saturday night the hubs & I went out for dinner to a fabulous little seafood bistro in the town of Lewes, Delaware, which is about 15 min. from the house.

We had a great time walking around the little historic town - beautiful beach homes and such a relaxing atmosphere!

I had to snap some pics as we walked...





I hope you all had a wonderful weekend too!

And, oooh, sneak peaks of the Jack's nautical-inspired bedroom coming soon! I'm getting close to the finish line! YES!!

7 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary! My husband and I celebrated year one this past weekend :) Here's to many more happy years together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! It sounds like a lovely way to spend it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Aimee! Looks like everyone had a great time. Beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely town. It sounds like you had the perfect week-end. Happy Anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary! The town you were visiting looks just delightful! Hope the next 11 years are even better than the first!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary! It looks like you had a blast celebrating with the fam! I love the pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i keep coming back for the rest of the baby room pics... i think you`re torturing me!! :) this post was fun too... but...

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for your comments! ~Aimee

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...