Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Christmas Decorating Idea {Moss Wreath}



I promised I would share some of the holiday decorating ideas that I shared in my presentation a few weeks ago, so here is my first idea!



It's a moss wreath that can be used for Christmas, but it could also be changed up and used for Spring/Summer as well.

I made it for less than $5 and here's how I did it:


Supplies needed:

  :: Foam wreath form
  :: Bag of moss
  :: Hot glue gun
  :: Ribbon & embellishments




Basically, you just glue the moss onto the wreath form, covering the entire form (you don't need to do the back).

Then, glue on embellishments like berries, pinecones, ribbon, whatever your heart desires.

And hang the wreath by a ribbon.

In the springtime, you could change the embellishments and add a bird nest with some little eggs.



And here's a little tip:

I wanted to save money on wreath forms, so I bought some pipe covers from the hardware section of Walmart. They came in a pack of 4 and I think the pack cost $2.97.


I bent them into a circle shape and duct-taped the ends together. Then spraypainted them with green paint.


You can use these pipe covers as a substitute for foam wreath forms and use them for all kinds of wreaths. It saves you money, which I love!




More decorating ideas to come!

15 comments:

  1. You are beyond creative and inspiring!! Love the pipe cover idea - would be so super easy to make a square wreath with those!

    Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, i just did post on a wreath as well-But I love yours- and looks amazing on the old door..
    Great Blog as Usual..
    Karryann

    ReplyDelete
  3. aimee, thanks for sharing.. seasonal wreaths..I will defintely be making this...thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! Saw this over at the inspired room! :) Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful wreath! as you know, i read your blog regularly, but had to laugh a happy laugh today when I clicked on over to your blog from inspired room, 'cause I read her post first. way to go on the wreath and on being "featured!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the wreath, I am definitely going to use those pipe covers! Brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really cute! I love the pipe cover idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where did you get your moss for so little? Our nursery carries it, but it's about $5 for a small bag; I don't think it would cover the wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bought the moss at Walmart for about $2.50 for a bag. ~Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved this idea and made two this evening. I especially loved the idea for the wreath forms using pipe covers. Thanks for posting such a fun and affordable idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very crafty, thanks for sharing your Christmas Decorations idea. Keep sharing awesome ideas for christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What kind of moss did you use for this wreath? I'm trying to order moss in bulk to use this as a craft for a group. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Aimee,

    I love your wreath. Love it so much I wanted to share your tutorial with my readers. If you want you can read my blog post here: Is your home ready for Christmas? 5 DIY ideas to make it even cozier…

    Happy Holidays from Norway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the link is not working... Maybe you could try this one, if you like to:
      http://www.nicolessystue.com/blog/your-home-ready-christmas-5-diy-ideas-make-it-even-cozier%E2%80%A6

      Delete
  14. How awesome! Didn't know it was that easy! I see these at stores and they want $25-35. Now I can make it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for your comments! ~Aimee

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...