My poor family.
But I've been trying to do better lately and came across this FABULOUS recipe that I made this week. And it was a hit with the hubster and the kids.
So, I thought I'd share it with you.
CHEESY ENCHILADA CASSEROLE
- 1 pound lean ground beef ( lean)
1 large onion, chopped or season with Onion powder or minced onion
2 1/2 cups salsa
1 can (15 ounces) black beans or red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1/4 cup reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
2 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
6 flour or corn tortillas (8 inches)
1 small can of drained corn, or about 1 1/4 cups of frozen corn (optional)
3/4 cup sour cream
2 cups (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend or your favorite cheese
1 cup shredded lettuce
1 medium tomato, chopped
1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the salsa, beans, corn, dressing, sour cream, taco seasoning and cumin.
- Spoon a generous layer of meat mixture on bottom of 2 quart baking dish. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Place a flour or corn tortilla on top of meat mixture. Layer with half of the meat mixture, and cheese. Repeat as many layers as you like.
- The last & final layer should be a healthy dose of grated cheese.
- Cover with foil that has been sprayed with pam or other and bake at 400° for 25 minutes, or until hot & bubbly.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before topping with lettuce, tomato and cilantro. Yield: 8 servings.