Monday, December 12, 2011

Christmas Mantle


Last week I had fun fluffing up the fireplace and getting it ready for Christmas. I didn't do as much decorating as I normally do for Christmas this year, but I did manage to do a little here and there.


Over the Thanksgiving holiday I started on this coffee filter wreath (see tutorial here). After many hours of burned fingers (and maybe a few swear words), I finished it!

I used huge filters from my sister's coffee shop, so the wreath turned out really big and full, which I like.


I made this "Peace" pillow out of burlap. For the wording, I printed out the lettering onto cardstock (thick) paper, then cut out the letters to create a stencil. Then placed the stencil on the pillow and dabbed red craft paint on the burlap. Super easy.

  




I made these ornaments for a little Christmas tree that sets on a cabinet in our family room. I used old round ornaments that I no longer liked, covered them with strips of sheet music that I soaked in equal parts Elmer's glue and water, then sprinkled them with Epson salt to make them sparkle a bit. Then I tied them onto the tree with red ribbon.
This is a great way to re-use ornaments that aren't in great shape or are the wrong color.

Hope you enjoyed a little peek into my house!

2 comments:

  1. I love the PEACE pillow and the ornaments. What a great idea to use the Epsom salts to make them sparkle!! You are such a sweet girl Aimee and I hope you have a lovely Christmas with your precious family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I so love your mantle decoration and that Joy stockings on your fireplace. Simply wonderful! Allow me to include some of these pictures in my Christmas decorations Pinterest board. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for your comments! ~Aimee

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...