Sunday, December 28, 2008

The Latest Vintage Finds


I've had some good luck recently picking up some vintage items that I totally don't need but just couldn't pass up. Know what I mean?

My Mother-In-Law gave me a few aprons that her mother made for her - too sweet! They remind me of Lucy cooking in her little NYC kitchen.

Of course, they would look much better if someone would model them, but I'm not going to humiliate myself (or my belly) and post pictures of me wearing them. It looks hilarious!


I love old books and display some of them on a shelf in my office...


Old sewing notions found at a yard sale...


An antique fan found for a bargain at $1 at an antique store in Walnut Creek, Ohio...


I thought these lamps were so sweet! I bought the bases at a yard sale this summer and just found these adorable shades at Goodwill to replace the broken ones that were on the lamps. This is in Avery's room...


And lastly, I just picked up this little table (I have a THING for little tables!) at Goodwill and thought it would work well with my Christmas decorations on the side porch.

4 comments:

  1. Love your vintage finds! Hope all is going well...I just had a baby three months ago and I was a crazy cleaner...in a way it is great to get so much done before the baby comes!

    Jillian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow -- what beautiful treasures you found! You have quite the decorating touch! Hope you are feeling good and counting down the days!

    Happy New Year.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds! Those lamps are phenominal. If you ever get tired of them........I'm just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi! i just stumbled on your blog, and i love it! those lamp shades are awesome :) happy new year!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for your comments! ~Aimee

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...