Thursday, October 21, 2010

Diaper Bag Revamp


I'd been on the lookout for a new diaper bag for the past few months and just didn't feel like plunking down the extra cash for one. And I couldn't find one that I really loved.

One day I remembered that I had gotten a plain black one from the hospital when Jack was born that I had kept, and my wheels started turning.

Here's what it looked like...basic, black, boring.



I pulled out the trusty sewing machine and sewed some ruffles from my stash of leftover fabric.

I hot-glued the ruffles onto the bag and also glued on the flower (which I can always change out if I get tired of the pink color).



I found the embroidery letters from Hobby Lobby and used fabric glue to glue them to the bag - they are my initials.


And I kinda like how it turned out! It was free, so if I get tired of the bag, at least I didn't spend any money on it!

You know how I love a good (and cute!) bargain! :)

6 comments:

  1. This is so cute! What a great idea to make a freebie look fabulous... feel free to link this up to the Favorite Things Friday at my blog!

    Carol
    antiquetexan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that same bag from the hospital! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cu-u-te!! almost makes me wish for the baby stage...ALMOST! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable and very creative! There's nothing as satisfying as making something out of nothing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i don't carry a diaper bag around too often, not as much as i probably should. but, if i did, i would ask you to make one of these. it is so adorable and i actually have the same black hospital diaper bag.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for your comments! ~Aimee

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...