Friday, July 15, 2011

Randomness

{ A daddy who multi-tasks }

Things I am stoked about: (Why am I using surfer language?? I don't know.)

:: The Goodwill desk that I'm refinishing for Avery's room. So. Stinking. Cute.

:: Wall art that I was just inspired to make for Avery's room. Easy and fresh. Can't wait to show you.


Dumb things that I do:

:: I just changed Jack into a new pair of shorts and accidentally put both his legs into one leg hole. He tried to walk away but was stuck. I laughed hysterically when I saw what I did. He did not crack a smile. Poor little boy has a mama who is an air head.


Why?

:: Why can't I call my kids by their real names? I am the one who helped name them, for heaven's sake. Avery is "Ave", "Avery-Bavery", "Bellsey-Wellsey", anything BUT Avery. Jack is "Jackson" (his full name really is Jack), "Jackster-Mackster", "Jackson Pollock". Violet is "Miss V", "Vie", "Chubber-Mubber" and the list goes on and on and on.


Addicted:

:: Pinterest. Enough said. You should totally join.


What freaks me out:

:: The thought that August is just around the corner. Which means that my firstborn will be starting school. This simultaneously terrifies and excites me. She is totally ready and cannot wait, but me on the other hand....I need a support group to help me get through this!!


What I love:

:: How everytime the garbage truck comes, Jack looks out the window and says, "There goes the trash can!" instead of trash man. That boy just melts me.


Why I heart Thursday nights:

:: It is Kauffman Family Night. Which means that my brother Matt, his wife Andrea, and their three kids and my brother Kyle, his wife Heather and their little girl Nya, my sister Sara, and our family head to my parents' house for supper. The cousins play (and let's be honest, fight occasionally) and the grown-ups sit and talk and catch up. And occasionally fight, too. (HA!) It means that I don't have to cook supper (score!) but what I really love is how close our family is and how we genuinely enjoy spending time together.


What I find to be delish:

:: Corn on the cob. Is it really corn on the cob season?? I can hardly stand it. Add some butter and salt and I have no self control.

:: This broccoli salad recipe, thanks to Andrea. I am addicted. It's the perfect summertime salad.


Have a superb weekend friends!

6 comments:

  1. Your family night sounds so much fun! I wish we were able to do that, it's been my dream to do those family things since I was a girl. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heart Family Night too...especially since you guys are all I've got in this far-off land. We missed you last night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a sweet post. And I can't wait to see pictures of your preojects! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. funny, i need the support group too, my eldest also going to school this year. I love your blog and read it when I need a kick in the pants to get a project done. thanks for all the inspiration. and kids with 2 legs in one place hilarious

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. That picture of Merle and the kids is hilarious and so typical.

    2. I also LOVE LOVE LOVE Family Nights. It's a great thing to look forward to each week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the picture of your husband cutting the grass and pulling the kids! That is precious.

    Love the door art. I am going to attempt my own art this week...inspired by you!

    I was wondering if you would share what font you use for the lower case signs you do...I have looked through my fonts but haven't found anything close. I know you used it on your "i will choose to be grateful for this day" and various other signs.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for your comments! ~Aimee

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...