Monday, August 8, 2011

Monday Morning Stuff


We are back from a weekend of camping and, boy, did we get wet! It was a rainy weekend, but we still were able to have fun and relax (though you might not be able to tell from the picture above).

Little muddy, wet girlies showing off the acorns they collected...



I haven't read a book for probably at least a year and got a chance to do some reading this weekend. I finished "Lone Survivor" by Marcus Luttrell. It's about a Navy Seal and, wow, that is a great book!! I think especially guys would appreciate it. It gives me a whole new appreciation for the sacrifices that some extraordinary people will make to protect our nation. Unbelievable.


Then there's Jack. Oh, my, you can imagine how much fun a 2 year old boy has at a campground, especially when it rainy and makes everything muddy. So many puddles to jump in, so little time.



So on this Monday morning, I am doing mounds of laundry. And trying to organize my week.

There is worship music blasting from the kitchen and Jack and Avery got out every utensil in my kitchen drawer and are pretending to be in a band. As long as they are having fun, I don't mind the mess this morning.

Potty training for Jack has started this morning and he is already on his 4th pair of underwear and it's only 9am. I think I might be cleaning up a lot of wet messes today. Wish me luck!

And Violet is doing what she does best - napping.


I hope you all have a wonderful week!

4 comments:

  1. i love to read about other women's everyday life. it`s like i can so relate to so much of it. good times, lots of messes, great memories... you are such an inspiration, aimee! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Aimee. Good luck with Jack this week. Potty training is always a chore. But so nice once it is done. Try having him walk around with nothing on from the waist down. It worked for my boys! - Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog and your inspiration . . . WIWW, your creative decor, etc. There's hardly a creative home decor bone in my body, so I RELY on others for awesome ideas! And even then I look and dream and ONCE in a while actually create what I've seen. But I do have to tell you that after 3 paint colors in my baby room (in only 3 years)that always left me feeling dissatisfied and just NOT RIGHT, I finally decided to mix up a paint in a greyish, neutral color "like Aimee has in her house" (using paints I had on hand). . . and I LOOOOVVE it. It's my favorite color/room in the house. So thanks for that!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck on the potty training. i'm doing the same right now, although the pee thing took only 3 days. i left him run around outside with only a tee shirt and took the potty chair out back too!! i'm working on the other part. he refuses to do it in the pot, so frustrating. one of these days:) ~Rachel Stoltzfus

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for your comments! ~Aimee

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...